My name is Nick, I am a Wisconsin dad who loves all things fitness, diving, and food! Persistent Resilience is a log of the fun and craziness that is my life. I am passionate about running, I love to see how far I can push myself, and my favorite runs are off-road. Currently I am trying to add to my ultra-marathon experience. If you have any questions about how/why I run or eat the way that I do please do not hesitate to contact me by leaving a comment, via facebook, or by email at nmwied@hotmail.com. Thanks for Visiting







14 January 2013

Recipe - Slow Cooker Bison or Venison Chili

















Slow Cooker Bison or Vension Chili

Skillet
2 lb       Ground Bison or Venison 
1 C       Green Pepper
2                     Chopped Garlic Cloves
½ C      Chopped Red Onion
½ Tsp   Chili Powder (optional)
½         Chili Spice Packet
1 Tsp    Oregano
1 Tsp    Cumin
1 Tsp    Black Pepper
½ Tsp   Cinnamon
½ C      Water

Slow Cooker
1 Can    Tomato Sauce (8oz)
1 Can    Diced Tomato’s (14.5oz)
1 Can    Diced Tomato with Green Chile (14.5oz) (Drain Juice off)
1 Can    Black Beans Drained
1 Can    Corn Drained
1 C       Sliced Mushrooms
½         Chili Spice Packet
2 Tsp    Oregano
2 Tsp    Cumin
½ Tsp   Black Pepper
½ Tsp   Cinnamon
2 Tbsp  Brown Sugar

Skillet

In dish mix all seasonings for sauce.  In large skillet saute bison or venison till 3/4 done.  Sauté pepper, garlic, and onion with 1/4 of the seasoning mix till soft and slightly browned.  Add in cooked meat and then add in water rest of seasoning mix and cook till water is cooked off.

Slow Cooker

Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker column, the rest of the spices, and the skillet column.  Stir it all well and turn it on low for 4-6 hours, continue checking, add water or spices to desired consistency and taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment