My name is Nick, I am a Wisconsin dad who loves all things fitness, diving, and food! Persistent Resilience is a log of the fun and craziness that is my life. I am passionate about running, I love to see how far I can push myself, and my favorite runs are off-road. Currently I am trying to add to my ultra-marathon experience. If you have any questions about how/why I run or eat the way that I do please do not hesitate to contact me by leaving a comment, via facebook, or by email at nmwied@hotmail.com. Thanks for Visiting







13 January 2013

Recipe - Quinoa Pilaf

















Quinoa Pilaf

4 C       Quinoa (Cooked)
1 C       Cashews/Chopped Almonds/Chopped Walnuts
1 C       Diced Red Pepper
2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
Pepper to taste

1 Tbsp Olive oil
3                     Cloves garlic
½ C      Chopped Red Onion
1 Tsp    Cumin
1 Tsp    Coriander
¾ C      Raisins/Dates
1                     Large Carrot cut into small match sticks
1 ½ C   Diced Spinach or Kale
¼ C      Water

4 Tbsp Soy Sauce
3 Tbsp Brown rice vinegar
1 Tbsp Ground Ginger
1 Tbsp Honey

Cook the Quinoa according to directions, ensuring you have at least 4 full cups of cooked quinoa.

Sauté the garlic and onion in the olive oil, until golden and soft.  Add the cumin and coriander and stir.  Add in the raisins, carrot, spinach or kale, and water, stir well.  Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 3-5 minutes, till most of the liquid is gone.  Then remove from heat.

Create sauce mixture by combining the soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, & honey, stir well.

In a large bowl, combine the sauté mixture with the quinoa, red pepper, nuts, Italian seasoning, and stir well.  Add in the sauce mixture and stir well.  Add pepper and extra soy sauce to taste.  Serve either cold or warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment