My name is Nick, I am a Wisconsin dad who loves all things fitness, diving, and food! Persistent Resilience is a log of the fun and craziness that is my life. I am passionate about running, I love to see how far I can push myself, and my favorite runs are off-road. Currently I am trying to add to my ultra-marathon experience. If you have any questions about how/why I run or eat the way that I do please do not hesitate to contact me by leaving a comment, via facebook, or by email at nmwied@hotmail.com. Thanks for Visiting







01 June 2012

Recipe - Protein Enhanced Fruit Smoothie



1Cup   Unsweetened Organic Almond Milk (8oz)
1Cup   Unsweetened Organic Coconut Milk (8oz)
1Tbsp  Cinnamon
6Tbsp  Ground Flax
½ Cup Strawberries
½ Cup Blueberries
½ Cup Cranberries
1 ½      Bananas Sliced
3 Scoop Whey Protein Powder

In a blender combine the milk, cinnamon, flax, berries, bananas, and blend until smooth.  While blending add in the 3 scoops of protein powder, continue until well mixed.  This will make 3 12oz smoothies.  Separate into 3 containers and refrigerate.



Nutrition Info (12oz)

Calories           298
Fat                   8g
Sat Fat             2g
Cholesterol      35mg
Salt                  175mg
Potassium        126mg
Carbohydrates 38g
Fiber                8g
Sugar               30g
Protein             24g

No comments:

Post a Comment