My name is Nick, I am a Wisconsin dad who loves all things fitness, diving, and food! Persistent Resilience is a log of the fun and craziness that is my life. I am passionate about running, I love to see how far I can push myself, and my favorite runs are off-road. Currently I am trying to add to my ultra-marathon experience. If you have any questions about how/why I run or eat the way that I do please do not hesitate to contact me by leaving a comment, via facebook, or by email at nmwied@hotmail.com. Thanks for Visiting







10 June 2012

MAY Training Recap

This was a busy month, it was time for my A race the Ice Age Trail 50 mile!  Due to the race and recovery that followed my total running mileage decreased from April.  You can read about my race in my Ice Age recap.  My training going into Ice Age was consistent, and that coupled with the tweaks I have made to my diet and the use of VESPA allowed me to feel great during the race, PR, and recover by the next day which was a surprise.  Following Ice Age I ran for fun and power hiked some hilly trails.  I also took a much needed mental break from running.  I am a big believer in rest both physically and mentally and will write abut this in the future!

TOTALS
 Run     132.2   20:24:47
Swim   9.3
Bike     60

RACE RESULTS
Ice Age Trail 50 Mile Race
8:34:36 (PB)
46th overall (350), 39th Male, 8th Age

No comments:

Post a Comment