My name is Nick, I am a Wisconsin dad who loves all things fitness, diving, and food! Persistent Resilience is a log of the fun and craziness that is my life. I am passionate about running, I love to see how far I can push myself, and my favorite runs are off-road. Currently I am trying to add to my ultra-marathon experience. If you have any questions about how/why I run or eat the way that I do please do not hesitate to contact me by leaving a comment, via facebook, or by email at nmwied@hotmail.com. Thanks for Visiting







21 April 2012

January Training Recap

January Training

Following is a brief synopsis of my training and racing for the month of January. 

I eased back into actual training after taking much of November and December running whenever I felt like it, taking random exercise classes at the YMCA, and just having fun outside.  Lucky for me the winter season has been mild so far, as I hate cold and snow.  I decided to jump start my training for my A race in May by jumping into an indoor 5K, the Indoor Ice Breaker 5K.  I know that it probably sounds like a silly thing for a trail ultra runner to do, but I figured some forced speed work was just what I needed to get back into the groove.  The race was hard both mentally (11 Laps) and physically (1st race effort since October).  That being said I was very pleased with my result, I came in 5th overall and 3rd in my age group with an 18 minute time.  Yes some ultra runners still have speed.  I took that boost of confidence and the soreness that followed and poured it into my training for January.

TOTALS

RUN   116.4 Miles  16:30:40
BIKE  112 Miles
SWIM 9 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment