My name is Nick, I am a Wisconsin dad who loves all things fitness, diving, and food! Persistent Resilience is a log of the fun and craziness that is my life. I am passionate about running, I love to see how far I can push myself, and my favorite runs are off-road. Currently I am trying to add to my ultra-marathon experience. If you have any questions about how/why I run or eat the way that I do please do not hesitate to contact me by leaving a comment, via facebook, or by email at nmwied@hotmail.com. Thanks for Visiting







10 December 2012

October 2012 Training Recap

OCTOBER Training Recap

The first thing you will notice about the month is the continued decrease in running millage coupled with an increase in bike and swim volume.  I continued to rest and recover both mentally and physically from my racing season.  Honestly I did not have the desire to run at all.  I managed to go for a few long, hilly, hikes which created some “running” mileage.  I did manage to maintain my overall aerobic capacity by going for several long (3hr+) bike rides.  I also began to increase the amount of time I spent in the gym weight lifting.  I noticed as the race season progressed I lost general muscle strength, which led to some running form issues towards the end of my last races.  I spent some time working with my PT Chris at Froedtert Sports Medicine to correct some of my mechanic issues as well as build stabilizing strength in my legs.  Coming up I will write a post about recovery, taking a break, and the importance of building strength in the off season.  Also stay tuned for a post related to my diet, VESPA,  and some of the things I changed this year to include more fat and eliminate carbs, to increase my fat burning efficiency, to enhance race day performance and recovery!

2nd Favorite Recovery Tool, Bianchi Cross Concept


TOTALS

Run     36.6 miles        4:45:00
Swim   14.1 miles
Bike     164  miles

No comments:

Post a Comment