My name is Nick, I am a Wisconsin dad who loves all things fitness, diving, and food! Persistent Resilience is a log of the fun and craziness that is my life. I am passionate about running, I love to see how far I can push myself, and my favorite runs are off-road. Currently I am trying to add to my ultra-marathon experience. If you have any questions about how/why I run or eat the way that I do please do not hesitate to contact me by leaving a comment, via facebook, or by email at nmwied@hotmail.com. Thanks for Visiting







06 October 2012

September 2012 Training Recap

SEPTEMBER Training Recap

The first thing you will notice about the month is the severe drop in running millage coupled with an in crease in bike and swim volume.  I competed in The North Face Endurance Challenge (Madison) 50K in September and this was the last race of my ultra season.  I had run on the course several times during the month of August so I knew what to expect.  Unexpected, however, was my inability to walk with out crushing pain in my right knee 7 days prior to the race.  After several chriporactic appointments, ART sessions, a lot of time on the roller, and very little in the way of movement, I managed to show up for the race with the ability to walk and hopefully run pain free.  I raced conservatively and still managed to finish in the top 15 (12), with a 50k PR.  After the race I called it a season. Stay tuned for a post related to my diet, VESPA,  and some of the things I changed to include more fat and eliminate carbs, to increase my fat burning efficiency, to enhance race day performance and recovery!


TOTALS

Run     47.1 miles        7:31:19
Swim   10.8 miles
Bike     154  miles


Race Result
50K (31miles) 4:35:51
12th Male 13th Overall
9th AG (26-35)

Dean Karnazes and I

No comments:

Post a Comment