My name is Nick, I am a Wisconsin dad who loves all things fitness, diving, and food! Persistent Resilience is a log of the fun and craziness that is my life. I am passionate about running, I love to see how far I can push myself, and my favorite runs are off-road. Currently I am trying to add to my ultra-marathon experience. If you have any questions about how/why I run or eat the way that I do please do not hesitate to contact me by leaving a comment, via facebook, or by email at nmwied@hotmail.com. Thanks for Visiting







04 May 2012

Recipe - Gluten Free Protein Power Pancake-Waffle Mix

Gluten Free Protein Power Pancake-Waffle Mix

1 batch = 8 pancakes (Made w 1/4C) or 4/5 Waffles (Made w 1/2C)

3 Egg Whites
3 Whole Egg
½ C OrganicGreek Yogurt
½ C 2% Low Sodium Organic Cottage Cheese
2 TBSP Vanilla
1 TBSP Cinnamon
2 TBSP Honey
1 TBSP Flax
1 TSP Baking Soda* (Optional for Pancakes ONLY If you want the pancakes to rise like normal batter)
½ C Gluten Free Oat Flour
½ C Quinoa Flour
Additions (Chocolate chips, Nuts, Berries)

Combine egg whites, whole eggs, cottage cheese, & yogurt in blender and blend completely. With Blender running add vanilla, cinnamon, Flax, (*Baking Soda*) and honey blend completely. With blender running slowly add flour and mix fully, and then pour into bowl.  Blend as many batches as necessary for the amount of pancakes/waffles desired.  Add in whatever else you would like (Chocolate chips, Nuts, Fruit).  Let the batter sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.


If you are making pancakes set your griddle to 300 if electric, or low/med heat if on a stove. 
If you are making waffles on an electric waffle maker set it to 3 or medium.

After making the entire batch, I refrigerate extra pancakes and simply warm them up as needed for meals for the next 14 days.  If you are making waffles I freeze the extras and pop them into a toaster, similar to store bought frozen waffles.


No comments:

Post a Comment